The business of care
Business can be challenging for private healthcare providers in Kenya. Facility owners are constantly seeking ways to improve their facilities so as to:
- Attract and retain paying clients
- Improve quality and meet acceptable standards and regulatory requirements
- Get financing for purchasing new equipment and for expansion
- Be enabled to connect to health financing programs and risk pools
- Build up a more reliable and predictable income stream
- Access affordable and independent quality and business advice
At the same time patients want to be treated at a healthcare facility that meets all the above standards.
What is M-TIBA?
M-TIBA is a “health wallet” on the mobile phone that allows your patients to set funds aside for healthcare, thereby improving their financial capability to access your services. M-TIBA will regularly be updated with new products. Once you will be selected to become part of the M-TIBA network of healthcare providers, you will be the first to receive information on these new products and how to become eligible to offer them to your patients.
Why should I join M-TIBA NOW?
Funds stored in M-TIBA can only be used to pay for services and medication at specific healthcare facilities that are contracted by CarePay and PharmAccess to offer M-TIBA. By joining M-TIBA you immediately gain access to an expanding pool of M-TIBA users within your catchment area and tap into a target market that has reliable healthcare financing. This should lead to a more reliable and predictable income stream for your facility. Clients can pay from their M-TIBA directly into your healthcare facility’s M-TIBA account. Funds in your facility’s M-TIBA account can be immediately withdrawn into your M-PESA or bank account.
Benefits to M-TIBA healthcare providers
- Access to more paying clients with accessible funds in their M-TIBA health wallet
- Increased revenue collection because you serve clients with ability to pay
- Better security by shifting from cash to digital transactions.
- Free financial and clinical performance dashboards for decision making
- Fast reimbursement for services offered
- Access to unsecured loan products through M-TIBA “Cash Advance”
- Free quality assessment and quality improvement plan
How it Works
- 0.5% transaction fee on all M-PESA transactions
- 0% transaction fee on all M-TIBA payments (Terms and Conditions apply)
- 16% VAT on all M-TIBA payments
- Bank charges for withdrawal of funds (if applicable)